Chicago, IL / firstname.lastname@example.org / (334) 329-9630
Bachelor of Arts, English and Journalism, University of Cincinnati, May 2022
- GPA 3.67/4.0
- Relevant Coursework: Copyediting and Publishing, Rhetoric and Professional writing, Feature Writing, In Depth Reporting, Creative Nonfiction, Visual Reporting and Storytelling
Freelance Journalist, Various publications May 2023- Current date
- Wrote 20+ original news and feature stories for publications such as Le Mile, Women.com, ArtRKL and Citybeat Cincinnati.
- Published trending stories to audiences of over 100,000 readers, with special mind to style and reporting.
- Practiced SEO optimization strategies and established a fashion, entertainment, culture and art beat for respective publications.
Script Writer, Rabbit Foot Puppetry, Chicago July 2022- Current date
- Produced and wrote 4 unique, expansive scripts for puppetry focused performance to establish company branding.
- Created and taught cohesive storytelling principles to guide company in engaging performances.
Features Editor, The News Record, Cincinnati August 2021- May 2022
- Wrote articles for features section aimed at a college-aged audience of 40,000, with special attention to the narrative, SEO compatibility and fact-checking process of writing stories.
- Pitched 5 weekly stories that fit the audience and interests of the paper with clarity and attention to detail.
- Drove website traffic up 6% with compelling news stories in a culture focused beat.
Editorial Intern, VMSD Magazine, Cincinnati August 2021- Dec. 2021
- Wrote 5 weekly news briefs for the “Headlines” section of the website, focusing on developments in retail news and merchandise .
- Produced content for social media and captions for photo galleries on website focusing on description and design process. Interviewed merchandise and display designers about their work and efforts to create narrative through design.
Editorial Intern, Women of Cincy, Cincinnati August 2020- May 2021
- Provided first edits for 4 weekly articles for fact checking, grammar and AP style in addition to researching potential story ideas and contacting sources as needed.
- Wrote original content for the website to help emphasize the nonprofits missions and goals.
HONORS, AWARDS, AND SELECTIONS
- Top honors at Asheville Fringe Festival
- Recipient of Cincinnatus Scholarship
- Stewart and Anna Morgan scholarship for outstanding student in English.
SKILLS: SEO optimization, Adobe photoshop, Copyediting, Canva, WordPress, Microsoft Office